Earth-Friendly, Natural, and Unique.
Sisal carpet is growing in popularity in the greater Clearwater, East Lake, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Port Richey, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs and Trinity area because of its rustic look and its earth-friendliness. At Floor Coverings International East Lake, we are your local Tarpon Springs and Palm Harbor sisal carpet experts! The carpets are made from the fibers of a cactus-like plant called Agave sisalana, native to Africa and Brazil. Once the leaves are cut, the fibers are extracted. These fibers are cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. There are many possibilities in terms of the weave pattern, and the photo above is just one example. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Because of its durability, sisal doesn’t show the wear patterns common in wall-to-wall carpeting.
Pros of Sisal Carpet
- It’s naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It absorbs sound better than other carpeting material.
- It’s naturally flame-resistant.
- It can be combined with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass.
Cons of Sisal Carpet
- Sisal does not do well with moisture and should be avoided in a mudroom or bathroom.
- It may feel rough underfoot compared to traditional carpet materials, so it may not be best to sit or lie on for prolonged periods.
- Can be prone to color fading especially with prolonged exposure to the sun.
Your Local Tarpon Springs and Palm Harbor Sisal Carpet Experts!
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International East Lake help you find a sisal carpet that’s right for you. We’ll bring our mobile showroom right to your home, filled with different carpet samples to pick from. Our knowledgeable design associates are excited and ready to help you pick the best carpet flooring for your home. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We proudly serve the greater Clearwater, East Lake, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Port Richey, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs and Trinity areas.